The Facebook platform allows you to adjust the privacy settings for your personal account; To limit people who can see your private information, and your posts, in addition to that, you can also adjust the privacy settings for specific publications that you publish on your home page for specific people to see without your followers.
Here’s how to manage privacy settings for specific Facebook posts:
First: How to access Facebook’s general privacy settings:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Click on the arrow icon on the top right of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, click on the Settings & privacy option.
- In the new window, click on the “Privacy” option on the left side of the screen.
- In this control panel you can control a lot of different things, for example: In the section (Your activity) Your activity you can specify who can see previous posts, and you can also review the posts that have been marked with your name, and you can change the settings for all future publications.
Second: How to set up advanced privacy controls for posts:
The privacy lists that we have looked at so far have been very general, but Facebook also provides more advanced settings, through the menus on the left side itself, as it helps you give you more control over your posts, as well as how other people use your content, which includes:
1- Public Publications:
By clicking on the Public Posts tab on the left of the screen, you can choose to make some posts public, but you can control who can comment on these posts, or share them, for example, You can choose Can people comment on these posts.
You also have access to public post tools and filters, as well as control who can follow you at all, control who can comment on your posts, and how people can interact with your public information.
2 – Adjust your posts tagging settings:
With the Profile and Tagging setting, you can set permissions for posts that others post on your home page, including who can post to your page, and who can see what others have posted on your homepage.
You can also adjust the Reviewing setting to ensure that you can approve the posts that others share with you before they appear on your homepage.
Third: How to manage privacy settings in individual posts:
You can manage the privacy setting for any post individually on your home page directly without the need to change your general settings, as you can, once you create the post in the relevant field on your home page, click on the stock icon under the Public option in the post itself.
This will bring up a drop-down menu with options for who can see the post, and it includes:
Public: Anyone can see public posts, even if they do not have an account on Facebook.
- (Friends): These are the people you directly accept friend requests from.
Only Me: Only you can view the post.
- Specific Friends: Specify who can view the post.
(Friends except) Friends Except: Everyone can see the post except for the people you specify.
Custom: Gives you two options, one for friends who can view the post and one for friends who cannot see the post.
Source: ar gate for tech news